Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday, The Day of REST

Sunday is meant to be a day of rest, right?

The Bible tells us to rest one day a week. How then is a wife and mother meant to get this much needed and well deserved rest?

Does it mean that I don't have feed, bathe and entertain my children on Sundays? What about the washing and tidying up after the family?

Obviously as a mother I have responsibilities that don't dissapear just because I need and want some rest. So that leaves me to ponder the question of much needed balance.

As I am a wife and mother, but I am also more than just those roles to my loved ones, I have needs for myself. How do I  find time for my needs? We all need to recharge so we can accomplish all we need to during the week.

I would love to take a day off and know that my children would be well looked after and my house would be clean when I return.

Ahh it is lovely to dream...

However back to reality, I have a crying child to tend to and another one to feed and get into bed.

Grateful to be a wife and mother among many other things.

1 comment:

  1. I had a great day resting not sure what you're on about. Because clearly your husband (me) doesn't do anything ever. :)

    ReplyDelete