Monday, February 6, 2012

A year of Discipline...

I don't know about you, but that sounds super scary to me, and also like a lot of hard work. Not that there is anything wrong with hard work. Most rewards are reaped when hard work is required first!

So what do  I want to be disciplined in?...

Everything of course!

As possible as that may be, I know that I first need to narrow it down to a few things to start with.

Firstly, I want to be more disciplined in my relationships, both Heavenly and Earthly. Without a strong relationship built on prayer, reading God's Word and meditation, I know I am unable to build my earthly relationships with both family and friends. I want to be the friend that people want to confide in and spend time with. In order to do this I want to be more disciplined in reaching out to my friends, whether it be a text message, email, snail mail (who doesn't love receiving real letters in the mail? I know I do) and of course organising to do more with each person, be that coffee, movies, dinner or day trips/holidays.

Secondly, I want to be more disciplined in my personal organisation as I know it is somewhat lacking. In order to do this I need to spend dedicated time to organising the things I often neglect, such as paperwork. I seem to have it spread out all over the house. I need to be more disciplined in creating and maintaining my filing system. I also want to be more organised in decluttering my house as I know that I have more than enough possessions and I'm sure there are a lot that I don't use that I could donate to someone who may need them and would use them.

Thirdly, I want to be more disciplined in taking care of myself (as selfish as that may sound) so that I can better look after my family. This includes discipline in what I eat, making sure it is good for me and that I am setting a healthy example for my children. It will also require me to be disciplined in regular exercise. I can't stand exercise, but I know it is good for me and therefore good for my family. So I need to commit to exercising on at least a weekly basis, if not daily basis.

Please consider joining me in a year of discipline...I would love to hear other ways of becoming more disciplined.

"I can do all things through him who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment